This recipe was surprisingly fantastic! Usually we don’t go for a ton of vegetarian dishes but this one is so freaking delicious and has lots of flavour! If you like buffalo sauce I suggest skipping the meat and giving this a try!
Time: 1 hour & 15 min prep + 25 min baking = 1 hour 40 minutes total
Yield: 6 servings
Calories/Serving: ~356 (bites only)
- 2 cups cooked quinoa
- 1 (~439 gram) can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 cup buffalo sauce (I used Frank’s)
- Blue cheese dressing or ranch*
- 4 pieces of naan
- romaine lettuce
- shredded carrots
- celery, chopped
- cherry tomatoes
- avocado, sliced
*I don’t like blue cheese so I used Ranch dressing
I got this recipe from Half Baked Harvests cookbook but a similar recipe can be found HERE.
- Combined first 6 ingredients in food processor.
- Using hand, roll mixture into balls and place on a baking sheet. Brush with olive oil and bake 20-25 minutes.
- Cool slightly and then toss in buffalo sauce.
- Assemble with naan, dressing and veggies. Enjoy!
- Food processor
- Can opener
- Stove pot
- Mixing spoons/cups
- Baking sheet
- Cutting board
LEVEL OF DIFFICULTY – MODERATE
- Steps: 4
- Rating: Easy
- 1 hour 15 minutes of prep (the extra time is due to cooking the quinoa, if this is prepped ahead of time you can cut down on prep)
- Rating: Difficult
- Ingredients & availability
- 8 – 15 ingredients
- All ingredients are normal and you can easily find at your local grocery store
- Rating: Easy – Moderate